UGA CAES will host row crop field days throughout the state. During the field days, attendees will see firsthand the research that UGA’s world-class group of extension scientists are conducting with producer funds via the Georgia Cotton Commission and Cotton Incorporated.
Field days give producers the chance to interact directly with researchers and ask questions about issues on their farm. Topics will include variety selection, pest management, cover crop management, precision ag and more. Pesticide credits will also be offered.
- July 27 – Northwest Georgia Scout School will focus on insects and diseases and scouting procedures. To pre-register, contact the Bartow County Extension Office at 770-387-5142 or at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22.
- August 10 – Midville Field Day – Southeast Georgia Research and Education Center: To pre-register, visit http://bitly.ws/sLsk.
- August 24 – Plains Field Day – Southwest Research and Education Center
- September 7 – Cotton and Peanut Field Day – Tifton
- September 28 – Northeast Georgia Field – Watkinsville
Contact your county UGA Extension office for more details about the events.
-Caroline Gentry, Georgia Cotton Commission